Title: Compliance Leader – Anti-corruption
Job #760184, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA or remote for right candidate
Function: Legal – Compliance
Reports to: VP Global Compliance
- Provide sophisticated and advanced legal subject matter expertise to senior management on anti-corruption laws including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other relevant practice areas
- Design, implement, monitor and lead the global anti-corruption program and processes (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act, etc.) including the third party and business gratuities programs
- Stay abreast of new anti-corruption rules and regulations and trends in the industry and region; review, understand and analyze the impact to the anti-corruption compliance program
- Develop and manage the implementation of various anti-corruption initiatives and campaigns to drive awareness and knowledge globally
- Identify and evaluate the necessary programs, processes, and resources to maintain and improve the anti-corruption compliance program
- Conduct periodic assessment of anti-corruption compliance risks globally and in coordination with the regional compliance leaders while developing auditing, monitoring, and oversight processes to ensure mitigation
- Oversee the implementation of anti-corruption related corrective actions and monitoring in response to identified issues
- Provide regular updates on the status and effectiveness of the anti-corruption compliance program key risks and mitigation activities to regional leadership and Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer in collaboration with other functions
- Oversee the implementation of anti-corruption related corrective actions and monitoring in response to identified issues from HelpLine inquiries or from risk assessment mitigation plans
- Collaborate with other K-C departments (Internal Audit, Human Resources, Global Security and Legal) to ensure that anti-corruption related reports and other indications of possible misconduct are appropriately and promptly investigated, that appropriate corrective action is taken, including enhancements to the anti-corruption program, and that the results of these investigations are accurately tracked and maintained
Training and Communications
- Conduct an annual anti-corruption training and communication needs analysis and develop and implement an anti-corruption compliance training program across the region in collaboration with the regional compliance leaders and regional owners (HR, Communications, Legal, Finance and Internal Audit)
- Develop anti-corruption related course content for online and in-person/classroom training courses with a specific focus on regional/local type issues
- Collaborate with Corporate Compliance Program Office to develop and implement a regional anti-corruption communications plan and to produce regular communications on important anti-corruption compliance news, initiatives, and developments
- Create, analyze and drive continuous anti-corruption program improvements based upon evaluation results from KPIs, audits or surveys in collaboration with the Corporate Compliance Program Office and other relevant K-C departments
- Undertake strategic projects to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the anti-corruption compliance program in coordination with the regional leadership team
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
- 10 plus relevant years working in legal, audit, compliance, risk, and ethics focused on anti-corruption related issues and programs
- Advanced degree (Juris doctor, Masters) or advanced compliance certifications (CCEP or equivalent) preferred
- Significant knowledge and experience in implementing global anti-corruption training and communications and risk assessment processes and programs
- Deep expertise of industry global regulatory anti-corruption standards
- Broad legal knowledge of company operations and business model, specifically regarding the areas of governance, procurement, contracts, and regulatory compliance
- Excellent written and verbal executive-level presence
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and follow-up skills. Ability to interpret rules and guidelines, and then conceptualize and implement into policies, procedures, and controls.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills and attention to detail in leading projects and activities in a global organization. Ability to prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and ability to organize and analyze complex information and data
- Hands-on experience of working with global businesses and with understanding of country specific anti-corruption rules and regulations
- Ability to demonstrate sound and independent judgment, prudence and maturity
- Client orientation with a constructive approach to resolution of issues. A style which builds alliances within the organization
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.