Title: Senior Director Sales Planning
Job # 761942, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI (Work, Live & Play in Neenah – http://youtu.be/ljQ6240Klvc )
Function: Sales & Operations Planning
Reports to: VP Sales Strategy
Direct reports: 40-50
Summary of Position:
This Senior Director Sales Planning will provide strategic direction and develop the Sales Planning team to manage short and long term projects that will deliver operating profit improvements from both ongoing and new Customer Development activities. Supports sales planning customers by ensuring long-term business plans and Annual Operating Plans are aligned with actionable customer forecasts, and then assists in execution of those plans.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build skills and capabilities of the Sales Planning Team by providing strategic direction, setting measurable objectives, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities, and proactively coaching and developing team members. Enhance the knowledge and understanding of Sales Planning execution to the broader organization.
- Lead the ongoing development of state of the art processes to control, analyze and continuously improve returns on Trade Promotion Identify and develop leading edge statistical tools and related ITS systems that can be used within the processes while developing the skills of the team to manage these tools and processes.
- Provide leadership for 0 – 24 month volume forecasts and related collaboration processes, including Customer Transition Planning, Sales and Operations Planning, Annual Operating Plans, Obsolete Stock, Innovation Management and key customer level forecasts. Efficiently satisfy business units, supply chain and customer requirements while ensuring alignment with Integrated Value Chain, Customer Management and Product Supply initiatives.
- Provide strategic direction and translate sector trade and pricing strategies into process and system solutions that meet both sector and field sales needs.
- Lead the strategic planning, development, execution and ongoing maintenance of Customer Development systems that support demand planning, annual operating plans, Customer Joint Business Planning, Customer Strategic Planning, category growth drivers, and field sales communication process working closely with the ITS organization.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls within areas of responsibility by providing management direction and support for implementation and maintenance of financial policies, instructions and internal control procedures.
- Manage resources and selling expense to within annual budget
- Manage rotating short and long term project teams to deliver operating profit improvements from both ongoing and new Customer Development activities.
- Support key customer objectives and requirements of this role. Key customers include Field Sales/Customer Development, Finance, Brand Management, BU Sales and Supply Chain teams through development and the ongoing ownership Customer development processes and systems.
- Manage systems projects that can range from $50,000 without full time dedicated resources to $20 million large scale systems projects and require a large staff of full and part-time support.
- 10-15+ Years of CPG Sales and staff sales related experience is required
- Business Unit Sales/Management, Finance, Supply Chain and/or Field Sales experience preferred
- Strong decision making and influencing skills
- Strategic thinking in the areas of systems, S&OP, sales capabilities and communication
- Strong oral and written communications
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to inspire and influence need for change
- Ability to effectively lead change management
- Ability to build effective relationships with cross functional partners to drive and deliver mutually beneficial solutions to the business.
- Ability to effectively understand root cause of business problems, analyze relevant data, draw conclusions that will enable informed decision making and influence meaningful solutions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support global relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion. Compensation may vary by location.