Title: OPEX Mill Change Agent
Job #762072, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Beech Island SC (near Augusta GA)
Reports to: OpEx Change Leader
Direct reports: none
Product Line: Family Care
Travel – up to 25%
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This role is a fundamental position within the Operational Excellence (LEAN) transformation for the Family Care sector. This role will provide coordination and functional direction to drive and sustain focused improvements in performance utilizing LEAN techniques and thinking within our sites and staff location. Must have manufacturing operations experience!
Internal to Mill: Department Leadership Team, operators, maintenance team, Mill Support Functions
Internal to Sector/other mills: Other Operations Excellence (Lean) Change Agents at staff and mills, Staff Product Supply team, CI team
a) Facilitates, promotes and supports LEAN cultural development including –
•Coaches and develops operating team in the use of LEAN techniques and thinking (leader as a teacher).
•Uses LEAN assessment tools to identify opportunities and gap areas to integrate into acceleration plan.
•Facilitates the development, introduction and tracking of standard work for leaders within focus area.
•Teaches others to create and use LEAN standards.
•Implements activities that build rapport throughout change team.
•Provides coaching through problem solving activities to address ongoing barriers to delivery.
•Identifies capability gaps and prioritize activities to address these gaps.
•Provides training to close the Lean capability gaps within the organization.
b) Develops, facilitates and manages Operational Excellence improvement plans for focused asset areas, including –
• Provides work direction to mill and Staff OPEX (LEAN) change agents.
- Coordinates sector roll out plan for OPEX including resource requirements, relationship management with 3rd party consultants, and leadership of overall change management aspects.
•Provides education on LEAN tools, processes and thinking
• Develops tools and processes to support the Operational Excellence transformation, as a countermeasure to an identified problem
•Facilitates Kaizen events within the Mill
•Ensures existing activities (e.g. Centerlining, RFS) are interlinked to provide a coherent framework to the Mill
•Leads, mentors and supports entire team in execution of the Lean focus improvement content
•Provide continuous feedback to leadership team, consistent with OPEX mindsets, the 6 KC Behaviors and Culture of Accountability
c) Supports the development and application of framework standards for management systems and processes in department to ensure compliance with Plan, Do, Check, and Adjust processes within the sector, which will include
•Provides standard mechanism to track and report scorecard of Operational Excellence transformation measures
•Ensures all barriers to the acceleration change plan are identified and problem solved to achieve delivery of the implementation plan.
•Assists in prioritization of workload and ensure discipline to the mindsets & behaviors within the management infrastructure.
•Supports the introduction of management processes to ensure sustainability
•Supports the internal governance / PDCA processes
•Supports clear communication of the acceleration change plans.
The position reports to the Beech Island Operational Excellence Change Leader. This position along with other change leaders will provide dedicated Operational Excellence/LEAN support to the Beech Island mill and other mills as needed including both converting and manufacturing areas as well as the Family Care Staff Product Supply team.
Normal scheduled hours will vary based on the need to interact with operating teams.
Travel to support Family Care mills is expected to be up to 25 % range but at times will may exceed this percentage in support of the sector roll out schedule and standardization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally with manufacturing bias)
- 5- 7 years Previous Operations experience
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles
- Significant experience in operations, engineering or supply chain at either Staff or mill in a variety of leadership and/or support roles
- Working knowledge of LEAN thinking, systems and tools
- Consistent track record of delivering results while creating and maintaining a constructive work environment
- Willing to challenge the status quo and facilitate different perspectives to drive solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead implementation of projects and contribute to the development of vision and strategy
- Ability to influence others and drive collaboration across businesses and functions with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated personal credibility through strong communication skills, achieving results and trusted relationships with others
- Demonstrated contagious positive energy to promote employee engagement and drive results
- Ability to provide work direction to team members not in a direct reporting relationship
- Demonstrated strengths in these skills: analysis, project management, planning and organizing
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role outside of country, this role is available for in-country relocation only.