Title: Mill Quality Leader
Job #767629, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Corinth MS
Reports to: Mill Manager and dotted line to Business Sector Quality Lead
Provide leadership and coordination for the quality management system, by ensuring ongoing compliance to FDA, ISO 9001, and corporate/sector quality requirements. Also to provide assistance and coordination as needed for issues relative to customer use of the materials and products produced by the mill, with emphasis on preventing customer issues or bringing problems or issues to root cause resolution.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Customers: (1) Internal and External Customers who buy or use Nonwoven materials and products (2) Business Units; (3) Mill Management; (4) Mill Associates and Resources; (5) Corporate and GNW staff
Customer Expectations: (1) Ensure ongoing mill compliance to the FDA, ISO 9001, and Corporate and Sector quality management systems requirements. (2) Ensure any deviations or nonconformances are effectively resolved; (3) Drive continuous improvement in the mill’s quality and customer service performance and in the quality management system (4) Assist with customer related issues and ensure timely and effective resolution
- Will be the appointed Quality Management representative for the Corinth Mill and has the responsibility and authority to:
- Ensure processes needed for the Quality Management System are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Report to management on the performance of the quality management system and any needed improvements.
- Ensure the promotion and awareness of regulatory and customer requirements.
- Works in concert with other Quality Management Representatives to provide a coordinated effort for common Quality Management Systems across the Global Nonwovens sector while ensuring that the Corinth Mill meets FDA, ISO 9001, and sector and corporate quality requirements.
- Leads or is highly involved in continuous improvement efforts for sector quality initiatives
- Works with customers and manufacturing teams to ensure satisfaction with the materials and products produced and effective resolution to customer satisfaction issues.
- Fulfills the role of:
- The Management Representative as defined in ISO 9001:2008
- 21 CFR 820, section 820.20 (3) Management Representative
- MHLW Ministerial Ordinance No. 169, 2004, Article 65 Responsible Engineering Manager
- Other regulations or standards which require a Management Representative to be the individual responsible for the location Quality Management System and supporting quality activities designed to comply with applicable regulations and/or standards.
- Requires knowledge and ability typically associated with a college education related to quality, engineering, statistics, and/or at least 3 years of operational leadership in a manufacturing environment.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate with customers at all levels from the Mill Manager to the person on the manufacturing floor and possess communication skills for all situations.
- Must have working knowledge of quality system requirements and ability to ensure ongoing compliance.
- This person typically has an in-depth knowledge of a single functional area and a working knowledge of many areas.
- Must be able to travel an appropriate amount of time in order to have a firsthand knowledge of our customers and their processes (<25% expected).
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Act as the Quality Management Representative.
- Maintain and enhance the Quality Management System to ensure ongoing compliance with the FDA Medical Device, ISO 9001 requirements, as well as the Corporate and sector Quality Management System Requirements.
- Act as host for the ISO, FDA, Corporate, or GNW Sector Quality Audits.
- Manage the Internal Assessment, Management Review, Complaint Handling, and Corrective/Preventative Action process.
- Provide direction and coordination of efforts of the Quality Assurance Resources to ensure overall effectiveness in Quality Assurance support of the manufacturing departments and to proactively identify and execute quality improvement programs.
- Provide direction and coordination of the Customer Service Coordinator to ensure overall effectiveness and timeliness in complaint investigation and resolution. Encourage and drive mill teams to take ownership of customer satisfaction and to proactively execute customer service improvement programs. Through networking with customers, the mill teams, and the other Nonwovens Mills, anticipate potential customer service issues and drive to resolution.
- Accountable for ensuring design transfer activities for product/process changes occurs to ensure critical to quality variables meet quality capability and consistency goals.
- Accountable for getting to root cause of Operational Customer Quality Events and Major Quality Nonconformances.
- Responsible for developing process verification/validation skills within the R&E teams and Mill teams.
- Involved in the maintenance and updates to design history and risk management files.
- Participate in the GNW Sector Quality Capability Team and other Sector teams as needed to drive standardization and business systems improvement across the board, such as the Change Control Team.
- Support the mill’s EHS policy; comply with all local EHS legislation and codes; identify, report, investigate and address any EHS substandard acts and/or conditions; and drive the setting of EHS objectives and evaluate the effectiveness of the mill’s EHS Management System.
- Ensure the communication, implementation, and promotion of the World Class Manufacturing values, vision, mission, and foundations as a means for delivering manufacturing results.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support global relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion. Compensation may vary by location.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!