|The new Global Procurement Organization is staffing several new roles, including a Nonwovens/component films Global/Regional Commodity Manager/Director & Team Leader. This role, reporting directly to the Global Procurement Officer, has both leadership and category management responsibilities. The role also ensures implementation and compliance with global strategy across all of K-C. As this team will be globally dispersed, it may not be necessary for the successful candidate to relocate if they live or work in a current K-C location. Specific relocation needs will be discussed with applicants as we continue through the process. Locations shown are not necessarily where the successful candidate must work.
Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 56,000 employees worldwide and operations in 35 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $19.1 billion in 2009. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
Interested for you or a friend? Please contact me at Dorothy.Beach@Accenture.com or leave a message at 469-665-5639 to set up a time to talk. Please refer to job #9523.
You can also directly apply for job #9523 at http://bit.ly/Dir-Procure after setting up a profile.
This person would provide leadership, direction and oversight to the global contract manufacturing and warehouse services commodities such that procurement strategies are developed globally and executed regionally for maximum enterprise benefit. They would be the primary procurement contact for enterprise innovation teams such that sourcing solutions can be developed and executed in a timely and responsive manner.
In addition, this person will be expected to provide leadership, direction and oversight to 4 additional global commodity managers responsible for several direct materials commodities that are globally sourced or managed at a global level.
• Represents the category at global meetings as appropriate
• Develops tools for regional buyers
• Lead, advise and develop direct reports
• Provide input to Global Procurement Officer regarding career development and succession planning, ensuring the best person is in place to deliver results
• Engage direct reports in the iterative category strategy review process
Setting nonwoven and component films category strategy
• Sets global strategy that is executed regionally by regional buyers; ensures strategy is aligned to business needs and reviews on a regular basis
• Sets and realizes aggressive targets for cost reduction / value enhancement globally
• Responsible for providing expert-level category knowledge, with knowledge of the supply base and global market; Responsible for defining and sharing best procurement practices for category and facilitating their consistent use
• Present category strategy to the Global Procurement Council for approval when category is on the GPC annual calendar
• Understands global benchmarks (pricing and practices)
Global alignment to contract manufacturing strategy
• Solicits input on a regular basis from regional buyers and incorporates into strategy
• Engages category stakeholders as needed to understand business unit needs
• Shares best practices and wins within the category across all regions
• Challenges and pushes team to achieve aggressive savings targets
• Escalates alignment issues to GPO
• Ensures regional alignment with global strategy
• Understands and manages regional differences
Nonwoven and component film knowledge development
• Develops and maintains knowledge-base of the category
• Keeps current framework of operations to ensure transfer of knowledge over time
Bachelors degree is required
Minimum of 10 years experience in procurement or closely related field
At least 15 years corporate experience with multiple business exposure
A minimum of 10 years in leadership roles
Demonstrated team leadership skills
At least 5 years of previous experience working with global focus
– Technical knowledge of contract negotiation strategies and global contracting nuances.
– Leadership constituency within NACP and across the broader Kimberly-Clark Enterprise
– Demonstrated team leadership skills
– Organization development and Talent building
– Excellent communications and relationship building
– Strong skills and experience with diagnosing and resolving complex issues and opportunities within business sourcing models
– Able to make decisions with limited, but pertinent information to keep performance on track
– Able to manage with ambiguity and autonomy
– Demonstrated positive energy to promote employee engagement and drive results
– Strong and demonstrated capabilities to provide strategic plans and thought leadership for the business and broader enterprise functions.
Experience within Procurement, Planning , Product Supply, and or business support team leadership roles
Ability to work in a matrix organization to drive collaboration across businesses and functions
Ability to work with multiple diverse cultures
Ability to work collaboratively
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS / SCOPE:
Number of direct reports: Four
– Fastener, Elastic & Clothing Commodity Manager/Director,
– SAM & Fluff Commodity Manager/Director,
– Airlaid, Peel Strip & Adhesives Commodity Manager/Director
– Resins Commodity Manager/Director.
Number of indirect reports: Responsible for implementation of and compliance with global strategies through global buyer network.
• Directly responsible for 600 million of spend in the Nonwovens/Component Films category
• Leadership responsibility for an additional 2.2 billion of spend via the 4 direct reports