Title: Operations Manager – Finance for the Jenks Mill
Job #150001YR, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Jenks OK near Tulsa
Reports to: Plant Manager
Direct reports: none
Product Line: bath tissue and paper towels
Position Description: Proactively support facility leadership by providing sound business advice analysis and guidance toward achieving company, business, and sector and mill results. Provide coaching, training and development of the Facility Services and Facility Leadership team to support facility objectives.
Customers and Customer Expectations: Key customers include mill operating and leadership teams, mill administrative teams, and staff operational and administrative teams. Deputies require opportunities for continued self-development that will enhance present performance or prepare them for future advancement. Other customers expect timely and accurate analysis and planning, forecasting for budgeting and plant and equipment management counsel to support sound financial and business decision and ERP best practices control. The incumbent is also expected to support mill leadership in ensuring a strong facility internal control program and SOX compliance.
Scope: The position assesses job performance and provides career development guidance to the Facility Services team members. The incumbent is responsible for financial and accounting controls which are consistent with corporate policies, instructions and SOX, as well as purchasing, security and ERP, along with facility forecasting and analysis.
- Mill Product Supply Team Personnel $11 MM
- Material Inventory Value (raw materials, in-process, $5 MM finishing supplies)
- Finished Goods Inventory Value (finished) $35 MM
- Operating Area Annual Cost of Goods Produced $350 MM
- SAFETY: Implement loss control throughout the organization by establishing safety systems that demonstrate safety as a value. Develop and maintain safety systems in accordance with Kimberly-Clark loss control management and lead their groups to complete safety objectives and ensure a safe and productive workplace. Create and support the environment that removes barriers to success. Consistently follow the Family Care Leadership Roles & Responsibilities Instruction and Loss Control Leadership Matrix. Fully comply with corporate loss management policies as well as government safety and health regulations. Support Corporate Drug and Alcohol efforts working with their management teams to deal with issues as they arise.
- WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING: Ensure the communication, implementation, and promotion of World Class Manufacturing. Support and model the 7 Values, Manufacturing Foundations; and 9 Accountabilities.
- DIVERSITY: Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops, and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: Ensure that the organization is staffed with qualified, trained, and motivated personnel by providing active participation in deputies’ personal development and growth. Coach, counsel, and encourage deputies through use of Performance Management System to enhance present performance and/or prepare deputies for advancement.
- Provide business counsel and training to mill and staff leadership in the areas of planning and analysis of the site supply chain and manufacturing processes in support of mill and business objectives.
- Coordinate, analyze, and interpret forecasts including the annual mill operating budget and periodic forecasts. Support the Plant and Equipment process development to ensure compliance with Corporate policies and instructions regarding capital authorizations and control.
- Support the administration of the mill’s internal control / SOX plan and ensure the application of established corporate financial controls by the effective implementation and maintenance of corporate policies and instructions.
- Promote the World Class Finance vision and mission while demonstrating a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and other team members.
- Cross-functional accountabilities are security procurement and ERP.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs. We hope we can unleash YOUR power!
Required Qualifications / Education Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with coursework indicating quantitative and analytical ability.
- 5 or more years of experience in general business practices and cost and accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting
- Leadership experience, managing direct reports.
- Must have strong leadership qualities necessary to coach and develop deputies as well as maintain a strong working relationship within the mill leadership team.
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain and/or mill operations.
- Experience in SAP
- Lean background a plus
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.