Title: Senior Financial Analyst for Sales
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Reports to: Team Lead for Customer Finance
From diapers and facial tissues to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. Throughout our 140-year history, we have pushed the boundaries – innovating products to better meet the needs of our consumers. We have given birth to new categories with brands like Kleenex® and redefined categories with our Huggies® and U by Kotex® brands. We’re not just changing diapers here. Our 57,000 global employees are also changing the world for the better, generously giving back to communities and causes around the globe. And, while building our $20 billion business, we’re also building careers through first-class education, engaging experiences and exposure to some of the world’s most recognized brands. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
SUMMARY OF POSITION (Strategic Intent):
This role enables profitable growth for brands by understanding the drivers of revenue and marketing expenses and taking an active role in developing marketing tactics that align with the key strategic imperatives and co-own the delivery of P&L for one of our business sectors.
ORGANIZATION (People Accountabilities, Reporting Lines & Internal/External Partnerships):
• Provide the business unit with financial leadership, advice and influence; responsible for timely financial and operational analysis to help deliver this P&L.
• Facilitate sound business decisions including strategy development, business planning, financial forecasting, product and promotion analysis and capital planning.
• As part of the sector leadership team, this person must be a trusted business partner who is accountable for seeking the truth and developing the best alternatives to drive enterprise value, shareholder return and improve the overall competitive position of the business unit.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure business and financial planning processes are thorough and meet the business unit needs; through analysis ensure that plans and programs are accurately presented and evaluated.
• Support the development of longer term strategic plans and business forecasts for K-C’s brands, which includes working closely with the Marketing team and U.S. counterparts as well as other functional areas to develop robust brand PNLs among others.
• Understand and proactively challenge business partner’s strategies and problems.
• Perform moderately complex financial modeling using Excel, Challenges data, information and provides in-depth analysis. Demonstrate the ability to recognize the data required to understand a given business situation and uses data appropriately in analysis.
• Prepare financial analyses for new product launches and other marketing initiatives such as product, pricing and promotion strategy, including the application of return on investment and other financial hurdle criteria, as appropriate.
• Analysis of budget vs. actual results, including identification of risks and offsets vs. budget.
• Establish necessary quarterly and year-end accruals with brand teams in compliance with K-C policies.
• Ensure proper financial accounting for all marketing and functional department related expenses, including adherence to internal controls
• Educate marketing business partners on key finance areas as needed
Interested? You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and Kimberly-Clark’s business needs.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience & Critical Skills/Competencies):
• Degree in business Finance related field, enrolled in CMA/ CA / MBA designation preferred
• Minimum of 5 years proven and progressive experience in corporate finance and / or business analysis. Consumer packaged goods industry experience is preferred.
• Demonstrates sound understanding of accounting principles and be able to apply them. Possesses working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Advanced analytical proficiency in excel with at least 1-2 years of experience in category or sales data analysis; strong business judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to create professional, yet persuasive, PowerPoint presentations, incorporating data, relevant insights and information, visual aids, charts, tables, graphs
• Challenges the status quo to identify ways of doing things better and faster.
• Dynamic team player with ability to effectively influence and manage change
• Resourceful and independent; thrives in a changing and dynamic work environment.
• Willing to think through ambiguous situation, present complex information and analysis in a clear and concise manner
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for driving profitable growth
• Strong interpersonal, effective communication and presentation skills. Exceptional ability to influence without authority.
• Proven time organizational skills and able to multi-task effectively – able to juggle multiple projects while ensuring tasks get completed as required and on a timely basis.
• Process design/improvement experience an asset
This is an exciting time for our Canadian organization! We are an already healthy business, making significant organizational and resource investments in order to grow our business and win with the Canadian consumer. One of the cornerstones of these investments is to build our Finance capability through the addition of dedicated local resources. Our team will be empowered to deliver trusted solutions that deliver sustainable and profitable sales and share growth for both K-C and our customers. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual looking to leverage their business and financial expertise and who is excited by the idea of supporting the organization through transformational change.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.