Title: Product Supply Sr. Operations Consultant/ Global Contract Manufacturing Manager
Job #766678, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA
Function: Operations-Contract Mfgr.
Reports to: Global Operations Leader
This role is structured within the global external contract manufacturing (ECM) team for Kimberly-Clark Professional division. The scope of the role is the global thin mill glove category supply base.
The Global Contract Manufacturing Manager is accountable for driving operational excellence with the network of supply partners within this market family. The candidate will collaborate with an extended team including Planning, Procurement, Quality, and R&D. The successful candidate will deliver objectives in social compliance, quality assurance, customer service, cost management, and innovation. The candidate will have accountability for the supplier selection process and lead supply assurance work streams, such as identifying and qualifying new and/or alternate suppliers.
The Global Contract Manufacturing Manager is accountable for driving executional excellence in alignment with global enterprise initiatives. Key focus areas include ensuring suppliers meet K-C standards for social compliance, quality, regulatory requirements, and ethics. Additionally, this role will ensure suppliers meet customer service commitments, drive cost efficiencies, and deliver against innovation commitments. This will be done through deployment of leader standard work, visual management processes, and tiered escalation processes. This requires regularly scheduled cross-functional results reviews with internal and external partners.
Global end users of KCP products, business team, product management teams, innovation/renovation team, quality & regulatory assurance, procurement, logistics, planning, and external/internal manufacturing supply base.
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
Expectations & Accountabilities:
- Engage in supply planning process to synchronize supply with demand, to optimize inventory position and service, and ensure future capacity needs are met.
- Enable innovation and growth through execution of research & manufacturing special runs.
- Protect our brand promise through consistent delivery of products and services in the quantities, timing, and quality expected.
- Drive total delivered cost savings program execution of a minimum 3-5% year-over-year savings to fulfill sector operating profit objectives, and develop & execute against a 3-year cost savings pipeline.
- Conduct standard safety reviews with documented feedback and follow-up actions as required during operational visits to top category suppliers.
- Collaborate with the corporate social compliance office to develop an audit plan and ensure corrective actions are in place within 30 days of audit.
- In collaboration with the global quality team, implement “quality at the source” framework at top 3 strategic suppliers.
- Leverage continuous improvement tools (4SPS, kaizen, transformation) to deliver step change improvements (>10% improvement) on top 3-5 category quality complaints drivers.
- Deploy operational category visual management scorecards and tiered escalation.
- In collaboration with global procurement and aligned with supplier relationship management program, develop & deploy supplier scorecards with strategic suppliers.
- Drive supplier production conformance 95% with strategic & core suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or Supply Chain
- 7+ years combined experience across operations (manufacturing, logistics), engineering, planning, or procurement/sourcing
- Operational experience with FDA, CE and other regulated products
- Capability & skillset to assess value through Lean 6-sigma, value stream mapping, clean sheet costing, make/buy analytics
- Available to travel globally unsupervised 25-30% of time (Americas, Europe, Asia)
- Willingness to flex work hours occasionally and as necessary to engage global teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote)
- Excellent project management, presentation, and leadership skills
- Willingness to step outside of the role and function to deliver results
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support global relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion. Compensation may vary by location.