Title: Sr. Paralegal I-Corporate Affairs – SEC Filings
Job #762976, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: HQ – Irving TX
Reports to: Assoc. Counsel
With more than 144 years of innovation, Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, HUGGIES, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in 80 countries.
Currently, we are seeking to hire an experienced paralegal for the position of Senior Paralegal I – Corporate Affairs. The position is based at Kimberly-Clark’s World Headquarters in Irving, Texas.
Senior Paralegal I – Corporate Affairs focused on SEC reporting, corporate governance, finance and other corporate law matters.
The work performed by the paralegal in this position will usually involve a high level of matters, including those that are complex and require original and creative legal initiatives. Questions may often involve financial, organizational and other areas requiring extensive knowledge of Kimberly-Clark and the ability to undertake prompt research and comprehensive analysis. The legal matters handled by this position are important to Kimberly-Clark and may involve significant sums of money and serious legal or other consequences. This position typically functions with limited oversight and makes judgments concerning when and to what extent to secure guidance from others within the legal department or from other units within Kimberly‑Clark.
- Assist in the preparation of SEC filings (proxy statements, quarterly and annual reports and Forms 3, 4 and 5 for Section 16 reporting individuals) and related processes.
- Assist attorneys with securities, corporate governance, finance and other corporate law matters. Key stakeholders include the Corporate Secretary, Corporate Reporting, Corporate Development, Treasury, Finance, Tax, Executive Compensation and Investor Relations departments, the Board of Directors, senior management and other business support functions.
- Provide support and assistance in maintaining Kimberly-Clark’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including creating and maintaining corporate minute books and corporate entity databases.
- Draft routine and complex legal documents, including contracts, ancillary transactional documents, nondisclosure agreements, minutes, certifications, letters and notices.
- Assist as needed in corporate finance transactions, including deal document and closing process management, supporting due diligence, preparation of schedules and exhibits and record-keeping.
- Receive work direction and assignments from the corporate legal attorneys.
- Conduct legal research, and draft and review opinion memoranda and other documents.
- Keep informed of current laws, regulations and proposals in a variety of areas, as assigned.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected, regardless of their individual differences, and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Be team-oriented and communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates and others.
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Associate’s degree.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited school or program.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of paralegal experience at law firm, corporate in-house position, or governmental agency, with an emphasis on corporate law matters.
- Must have background in corporate and securities law, SEC Filings, contracts, and corporate subsidiaries/corporate governance, with a general knowledge of litigation maintenance and employee benefits.
- Excellent researching, writing, communicating and analyzing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a heavy and multi-directional workload.
- Undergraduate degree (bachelor’s degree or higher) earned with solid academic credentials.
- A team player within the legal department as well as within Kimberly-Clark, who is cooperative, encourages collaboration, builds consensus, easily gains the trust and support of superiors and peers and finds common ground and solves problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good business acumen with good judgment, and can provide business partners with timely and appropriately risk balanced advice and guidance.
- Stamina and self-assurance to maintain effective working relationships and quality legal services in a demanding and diverse environment.
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
- Exemplifies the leadership behaviors recognized as critical to Kimberly-Clark: Building Trust, Making Decisions, Winning Consistently, Thinking Customer, Continuously Improving and Building Talent.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!