Title: Senior Director, International Tax
Job #160000z6, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI (live here: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc) OR Dallas TX
Function: Corporate Tax
Reports to: VP Tax
Lead a team to provide specialist tax planning advice, identification and management of tax risk, and provide assistance and support to members of K-C corporate, sector and functional teams and regional management in Asia-Pacific, EMEA and Latin America to enable them to effectively conduct K-C activities with the knowledge of US federal and foreign tax laws and regulations. Lead the Corporation in the development and implementation of transfer pricing policies and procedures to provide transparency and certainty to business and to manage tax risk.
- Identify, develop and execute tax planning opportunities that benefit cash taxes and effective tax rate (“ETR”).
- Assist with US international tax planning, financing strategies and identification and execution of cash repatriation opportunities.
- Partner with business units, global sector and functional teams, regional management to execute business plans, corporate initiatives, and management of IP and Licensing matters, M&A activity, etc.
- Lead K-C’s Transfer Pricing practice involving development, implementation and maintenance of policies covering finished and semi-finished goods, contract and consignment manufacturing, commissionaires, royalties, services, interest rates, loan guarantee and other financial arrangements, fixed asset transfers and related documentation.
- Identify tax risks by working together with US, regional and local finance and business personnel. Support local and regional finance in managing those risks where necessary through contributing resources or taking on leadership roles for tax audits and tax litigation.
- Provide oversight and support for documentation maintenance around significant transactions, including reviewing Fin48 analysis and assisting in structuring local and regional write-ups in accordance with K-C requirements.
- Lead the non-US side of APA negotiation, collaborate with the Consulting COE on completion of bi-lateral APA’s, and assure mutual agreement on Competent Authority resolution.
- Cultivate long-term partnerships with other Tax COE’s, functional teams (Finance, Legal, Strategy etc.) global and regional sector teams, business units, external legal and financial service providers.
Strategy Alignment and Business Partnerships
- Establish the vision, set strategic direction, and empower the International Tax COE to meet its objectives.
- Align strategies and objectives and maintain strategic relationships with Global and Regional Business, Global Sector Teams, Finance leaders, Strategy, Legal, Treasury, and all other Tax COEs.
- Attract, develop, and retain a strong team to meet current departmental needs and ensure effective succession planning to meet future needs.
- Ensure professional and technical development of the International Tax COE members including the provision of timely coaching, candid feedback, and professional development opportunities.
- Seek and take advantage of individual professional development opportunities and strive to achieve the highest degree of competency.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 15 years of experience in international tax planning, including 5 years of transfer pricing experience, in a large multinational corporation or public accounting firm
- Experience working with Global and Regional Business, Global Sector Teams, and Finance leaders
- Experience leading a team
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required. MS-Taxation a plus
- CPA certificate or international equivalent required
- Ability to travel up to 30% to include international travel
- JD, LLM as alternative
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law