Title: Tissue Manufacturing Asset Lead
Job #160000B1, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Milford CT, one hour from the ocean!
Reports to: Product System Lead
Product Line: Kleenex NE
• Provide leadership for a technical group (eight professionals) with focus on optimization and maintenance of two $25 MM tissue machines.
• Assist in supervision of 115 people including ten crew leaders.
• Tissue Manufacturing budget: $61 MM.
• Tissue Manufacturing payroll: $6.7 MM.
Provide operational team leadership and management to attain safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping, logistics, asset management, internal control and human resource objectives for the Tissue Manufacturing Team at New Milford. The Asset Leader is responsible to understand and enforce the applicable site EHS procedures and requirements for their area.
Mill Management, Operating Team, Maintenance Team, Staff, End Users
Economically produced base tissue that meets customer specifications. Assets such as materials, inventories, equipment and personnel which are properly managed, maintained and developed.
Positive work environment which promotes safety, housekeeping and human relations.
• The incumbent typically reports to the Product System Leader.
• The incumbent has operations responsibility for two tissue machines manufacturing facial tissue base sheet products.
• The incumbent assists in establishing individual and team objectives.
• The incumbent also provides leadership and coordination of a multi-functional team assigned specific objectives or projects to improve the business unit performance.
• The main challenge of this position is to effectively lead and develop several teams, optimize the manufacturing process and provide customer service for the department.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
This person requires knowledge and ability typically associated with a Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of industrial experience. The incumbent must be able to effectively organize and lead multi-functional teams. He/she typically has in-depth knowledge in a single functional area and has applied that knowledge on a number of projects and/or manufacturing issues with the team. This person has a thorough understanding of several mill functional areas and their interaction.
• Lead/coordinate resource support for two tissue machines. This involves leading engineering support (mechanical, electrical, process), coordinating maintenance/operator support as well as providing operations expertise.
• Develop objectives to improve paper machine operation and support the eight business objectives. These objectives should be well understood by Operations staff, Operator leadership and Maintenance leadership.
• Participate in periodic team reviews covering status versus objectives, strategies, action plans, maintenance activities and resource needs.
• Develop and/or implement department programs/procedures such as centerline projects, the Working Program, training programs, housekeeping policies, etc.
• Provide leadership to improve department housekeeping to reflect credit on the department and help promote safety and quality.
• Manage several of the Manufacturing Department administrative tasks such as payroll review, scheduling, audits, clothing inventories and raw material inventories.
• Act in a leadership role actively displaying organizational sensitivity on corporate or management decisions.
• Work within and coach less experienced team members on internal control policies and procedures.
• Communicate fully with supervisors, subordinates and others who have a need to know. Be informative, communicating in a way that is timely, complete, accurate and in a responsive manner.
• Operating their work area in full compliance with local EHS legislation and codes.
• Understanding the EHS aspects and hazards of their work area and managing them to acceptable levels of risk or impact.
• Reporting, investigating and promptly addressing substandard acts and conditions.
• Effectively implement the facility EHS Management System.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.