Title: Procurement Consultant – Device Raw Material Commodity Manager
Job #150002JZ, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Alpharetta GA
Reports to: Manager Strategic Procurement
Scope: Value of spend managed typically would be in the $25 Million to $50 Million range and/ or includes a large number of suppliers (100+).
At Halyard Health we spend $700 Million dollars with vendors every year. Our team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders so we understand the business needs and develop effective sourcing strategies that drive value and reduce risk, so Halyard Health can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The Procurement Consultant reports to the Strategic Procurement Manager and is responsible to manage assigned commodities, suppliers, and purchases to meet customer needs. Utilizing a structured sourcing process, the Procurement Consultant handles high dollar category sourcing and contract negotiations. The Procurement Consultant provides technical direction, advice, and counsel on a wide array of procurement issues, bringing broad depth and breadth of experience to handle buying in complex and/or rapidly changing marketplaces. Seeks opportunities for vertical integration, strategic partnerships to enable growth and ensure continuity of business.
Broad base of customers could include: Global Procurement, Business Management, Finance, A/P, Receiving, ITS, Distribution, Operations, R&E, Internal Control, Marketing, Planning, Engineering, or other personnel involved in the implementation of business strategies where sourcing plays a role.
- Develops thorough category strategies to drive value for their categories based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline, evolution and benchmarking. Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in for the strategies.
- Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the categories are met with the optimum quality, service and cost to use.
- Ability to successfully reach business objectives through supplier negotiations. Analyzes market and supply dynamics related to supplier proposals to develop a matrix of negotiation scenarios. Engages business leaders to align on acceptable negotiation outcomes. Develops a negotiation trade plan, counterarguments, opening positions, and plan for executing negotiations.
- Leads the development of risk analyses, assessments and mitigation plans for categories of spend. Manage supplier network for assigned commodities to provide sufficient materials and services to meet highest short-range requirements, protect against temporary supply interruptions and provide for long-range growth needs. Develop and execute a plan to quickly and effectively manage any supply interruptions.
- Interacts with business units to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value in cost, security of supply, risk management, sustainability and innovation. Manage the ongoing performance of our suppliers including objective setting and supplier evaluations where warranted.
- Comprehend and provide constructive input on legal contract documents related to purchasing terms, conditions, indemnification, intellectual property ownership, etc.
- Knowledgeable about the markets and how they affect price, availability, or supply chain logistics. Will use specific market analysis to predict behavior and supply risks to the organization. Will adjust strategies to minimize effect of market change. May provide market analysis to customers and advice to others within procurement.
- Forecast timely price and availability information on assigned commodities for the various consuming businesses and communicate this information to appropriate personnel in the company so it is properly integrated into business strategy and decision-making.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as related governmental laws and regulations to ensure purchasing activities are conducted within the parameters of each.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know in a way that is timely, complete, concise; candid, accurate; clear, and responsive. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious.
Interested? You can contact D.Beach@Accenture.com to receive more information on this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related discipline
- 8 or more years of relevant experience
- Operates with minimal business direction
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a procurement processes and driving business results through influence and leadership
- Experience in strategic sourcing of key direct materials as well as a background in sourcing product development activity
- Commercial awareness beyond Procurement
- Strong quantitative, cost modeling, and data analysis skills
- Strong Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Change agent with ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Problem solving experience in reducing total costs, improving processes and reducing supplier risk
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Six Sigma, Lean, or equivalent training
- CPM or CPIM (APICS) certification
- Purchasing system experience (SAP)
Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.halyardhealth.com.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Halyard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.