Title: Business Development and Strategy Lead for Sofusa™
Job #150002YQ, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Sandy Springs GA or anywhere in SE near large city
Function: Global Sector Marketing & Innovation
Reports to: VP
Direct reports: to be determined – new role
Product Line: Sofusa™ DoseDisc™
Scope: initially US but will go global
Kimberly-Clark, with five billion-dollar brands, has a strong legacy of innovation backed by our proprietary technologies. Most recently, the company has developed the first-of-a-kind Sofusa™ DoseDisc™ System for transdermal delivery of liquid formulations of proteins, peptides and small molecules. Unlike prefilled syringes, auto-injectors and pens that provide one delivery option (bolus), the Sofusa™ DoseDisc™ System is designed to provide drug developers a range of controlled delivery options without requiring reformulation. Simple-to-administer and pain-free for patients, the Sofusa™ DoseDisc™ system has been approved by US FDA for two INDs. A qualified supply chain is in place and scale-up of cGMP production is underway. A successful Phase I clinical trial was completed in 2014.
Purpose of this New Role:
Lead the development and execution of strategic engagements with external organizations to drive growth and profitability for the Sofusa™ business unit. Target 2-4 deals per year to deliver net sales of $500MM by 2020 and $2B by 2025. Lead negotiations with external parties as well as processes within K-C to identify, qualify and close agreements.
Build relationships in the industry
- Build Sofusa™ brand and technology awareness in the Pharma industry and with targeted contacts (commercial, R&D, BD&L) at key prospects.
- Create a positive perception in the industry of K-C as a collaborator and the first choice for transdermal drug delivery.
- Lead development of enduring, multi-functional and multi-level relationships (strategic relationship management).
Lead search and evaluation for strategic partners for the Sofusa™ technology
- Working with Sofusa™ BU leadership and technology resources, prioritize new product opportunities consistent with the business’ objectives.
- Identify and qualify strategic relationships to develop/commercialize new product opportunities.
- Develop and present a compelling proposition for the Sofusa™ technology platform and new product opportunities to prospective partners.
Lead negotiations with prospective partners and lead K-C internal process(es) resulting in Agreements that meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Lead, negotiate and close Deals that enable achievement of Sofusa™ business objectives, including effectively managing term sheet process, Contract/Agreement development, financial analytics, and risk analyses.
- Lead deal approval process within K-C including directing cross-functional team (Legal, Finance, etc.) and gaining necessary approvals from senior leadership
- Prepare diligence materials and oversee the due diligence process.
Provide direction and business leadership to the Sofusa™ business
- Contribute to strategic and annual planning processes for the business.
- Work with technical and operations leaders to ensure commercial plans and objectives are mutually supportive
- Achieve business objectives including: revenue, costs and operating profit plus capital and SG&A management
- Cultivate and close Pharma deals
- Develop strong long-term relationships with Pharma
- Build positive perception of Kimberly-Clark in the Pharma industry
- Contribute to the development of a winning culture in the Sofusa™ business
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+years business development & licensing experience in the Pharma industry
- 10+years conducting and concluding contract negotiations in the Pharma industry; strong preference for U.S. and int’l experience.
- Solid understanding of global Pharma industry (companies, products, pipeline, trends, issues/opportunities), business development strategies and tactics, market dynamics and stakeholder requirements.
- Experience in gaining the support and backing of senior leaders.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.