Title: Global Marketing Director
Company: Halyard Health, #150001ES
Location: Irvine CA
Function: Marketing and Sales
Reports to: GM
Direct reports: about 10
Purpose of the Position:
Lead the Global Marketing team and all of the specific functions as they relate to messaging, branding, product management, downstream marketing, healthcare economics, reimbursement, pricing, pricing compliance and competition.
Responsibilities (fundamental job duties):
- Implement marketing strategy, vision, mission and execute against marketing plan.
- Mentor, coach and develop key players on the marketing team and make sure all projects and priorities are aligned with corporate objectives.
- Manage marketing functions to support existing and new product lines.
- Develop new marketing materials to support key surgical specialties and business units.
- Collaborate with the field organization on messaging and product brand strategies.
- Serve as the key point of contact for organizational communication, marketing, sales force and distributors and operations regarding product line and marketing materials
- Provide marketing and customer input to new product development including features/user interface and business plan development.
- Identify marketing opportunities to drive sales and differentiate product line.
- Oversee production of materials including publications, brochures, electronic media and marketing communications materials.
- Manage functions including internal communications, market research, competitive analysis and managed care marketing.
- Oversee production of training materials including Continuing Education programs for healthcare professionals and fellowship programs for surgeons.
- Create presentation materials for executive-level decision makers for the hospital and ambulatory surgery center divisions.
- Collaboration with senior sales leadership to drive & execute sales plan.
- Establish pricing policy, guidelines and tools to manage compliance.
- Work cross functionally in a collaborative manner providing input and feedback to Business Development.
- Cross functional collaboration with functional leaders in Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing & Operations.
Administer industry activities including tradeshows and trade advertising.
- Supervise staff, agency and vendor relationships.
- Implement critical customer relationship building programs to build brand awareness, leverage equity and increase product adoption.
- Support sales force via scheduled field travel.
- Attend seminars, trade shows, etc. relating to product line.
- Perform other duties as required.
Positions reporting to this job: Marketing Communications manager, Associate Product Director, Marketing Managers, Marketing admin.
Field Sales, Customers, Distributors, Agencies/Consultants, Vendors, and Media
Marketing, Global Strategic Marketing, Sales, Clinical, R&D, Business development, Operations, Accounting/Finance, International and Customer Service
Interested? Please send your resume to D.Beach@Accenture.com to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field and MBA preferred.
- 10 years in increasingly responsible marketing management roles, five years in the medical device or healthcare arena.
- Experience in advertising, branding, marketing or product development.
- Previous experience in marketing direct-to-physician (surgeons, anesthesiologists) or hospital desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing’s role in environment that combines manufacturing, distribution and direct sales channel.
- Knowledge of managed care/insurance helpful.
- Ability to evaluate and propose strategies that include elements of risk.
- Communicate corporate vision and goals to team.
- Share appropriate information with peers to build camaraderie.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong track record of cross functional collaboration.
Location: Irvine, CA and up to 50% travel. Relocation assistance provided.
Specialized Knowledge: Strategic Planning, Business Planning, New Product Development, forecasting/sales analysis, market research, promotional planning, and strong communication and creative skills. Excel and Windows. FDA QSR, MDD 93/42/EEC, ISO 13485, CMDR.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit http://www.halyardhealth.com.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.