Title: R&E Director, Global Nonwovens
Job #765178, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC !
Location: Roswell GA
Reports to: VP Global Nonwovens
Scope- Front End Innovation and Pilot facilities
Global Nonwovens (GNW) has an opening for an R&E Director to provide leadership, strategic direction and delivery of high value technical and material solutions to support K-C’s business strategies, innovation & growth plans, and cost transformation. This R&E Director role has responsibility for the Front End Innovation (FEI) portfolio in addition to the pilot facilities which provides nonwoven prototyping services to all of K-C. This role also provides leadership to key GNW subject matter experts in support of sector innovation and cost transformation goals. This position will interface with colleagues across GNW as well as global partners in KCNA, KCI, KCP, and CR&E and external partners in academia, government, industry and non-government organizations (NGOs). It is expected that the candidate will have relevant experience in nonwovens process and materials development.
Provide leadership and strategic vision to develop and maintain a healthy FEI portfolio resulting in delivery of high value technical and material solution options to the BU IMF Teams, driving operational efficiency and new technologies in the pilot facilities to safely provide prototyping capabilities to all customers, and develop/coach both technical and management leadership to deliver a sustainable pipeline of talent for the future.
- Develop a healthy FEI pipeline working in partnership with GNW leadership and BU stakeholders to provide:
- A portfolio that is aligned with BU innovation needs
- Delivery of high value technical and material solution options to the BU IMF portfolios
- FEI portfolio visibility to GNW, CR&E and BU’s Senior Leadership
- Establish and grow connections across the BU R&E teams to provide clear direction on current innovation needs and longer term disruptive innovation opportunities
- Ensure pilot facility provides a safe environment for customers and drive strategy for near/longer term innovation capabilities
- Ensure the FEI portfolio is connected to the BU stated consumer needs and clearly indicates the benefits with key milestones including timing and cost
- Establish a network across the BU’s, GNW, CR&E, Legal, and procurement
- Establish a pipeline of projects that anticipate BU unmet needs
- Work with GNW and BU’s to ensure there is a portfolio of projects to deliver sustainable competitive advantage across the GNW asset base
- Drive collaboration with the regions and GPO to understand global innovation capabilities
- Lead by example in Safety and LEAN/Continuous Improvement
- Ensure that all elements of the Corporate Human Resources Development and Diversity policy are fully implemented
- Manage self and team in accordance with expected One KC Behaviors
- Foster an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their contributions to achieve business results
- Build a talent pipeline for Technical Leaders and Managers
- Establish efficient administrative procedures and support, then work to continually improve them. Procedures include establishing and controlling approved budgets, setting up and implementing control systems, and any other procedures that assure that the groups operate within corporate policies and guidelines.
- Support the selection, development, and effective use of human resources to meet the departments’ objectives. Develop group members to meet future needs and provide opportunity for transfer to other groups. Develop an environment that gives positive recognition and support to the personal and business contributions of a diverse work force.
- Establish and maintain working conditions and employee safety performance, which fully comply with government safety and health regulations and ensure a safe working environment. Monitor teams to ensure a safe and productive workplace. Maintain an awareness in group members of the personal and work dangers of improper use of drugs and alcohol. Deal quickly, within corporate guidelines, with any safety, drug or alcohol problems.
- Establish and maintain an R&E atmosphere which inspires teamwork, creativity, and successful innovations while allowing growth and development of the individual, both in organizations reporting directly and in other Research organizations.
- Ensure that work is properly documented and reported to provide effective communication, protection of information and inventions, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Communicate fully and effectively with superiors, deputies and others who have a need to know. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Bachelors Degree in a science or engineering discipline with advanced degree preferred.
- Extensive and broad managerial experience in R&E, manufacturing or other technical function with demonstrated results. Prefer a candidate with converting experience.
- Experience should include close working relationships with the business, Marketing, Product Supply and Sourcing and Supply Management functions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion. Compensation may vary by location.
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.