Title: Senior Manager, Strategic Procurement for CPG
Job #15355, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Neenah WI (http://bit.ly/NiceinNeenah)
Function: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Reports to: Director of NA Procurement
Kimberly-Clark Corporation is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
Summary of Position:
Kimberly Clark is seeking a Senior Manager of Strategic Procurement to increase the skill set and competency level of our Buyers such that they take a structured and rigorous approach to leveraging our spend and drive maximum value for the business in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Broad base of customers that could include: Global Procurement team, business management, finance, A/P, receiving, ITS, transportation, operations, R&D, internal control, marketing, planning, engineering, or other personnel involved in the implementation of business strategies where sourcing plays a role.
The incumbent is responsible for all sourcing activities for their team’s assigned commodities. The main challenges are:
• Increasing the team member’s level of mastery of their commodity area (market and technical components) spend analysis, strategic sourcing, and contract negotiations.
• Maintaining strategy alignment and ongoing communication links with the Procurement Engagement Managers and the customers supported.
• Understanding Kimberly-Clark processes, systems, and procedures.
• Development of human resources.
• Providing work direction and leadership to the purchasing team.
• Establishment of team objectives and strategies
• Developing and setting supplier expectations for innovation, sustainability and LEAN supply chains.
• Leveraging supplier networks to gain cost or product advantages in the marketplace.
Interested? Or perhaps you know of someone that might be, you can apply directly using this link: http://bit.ly/15355-SrSourcMgr and it will be reviewed within several business days.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
• Deep experience in spend analysis as well as a structured strategic sourcing process including category profiling, sourcing strategy development, supplier identification, sourcing strategy execution, negotiation & supplier selection, supplier integration, and supplier management & supplier market monitoring.
• Consulting experience is highly desirable.
• Normally 10-15 years of experience in strategic sourcing in CPG or a related manufacturing environment with specific commodity experience preferred.
• Experience in at least one other management position required.
• Managed a spend or a team with a combined spend of more than $300 million