Title: Assistant Treasurer, Capital Markets
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: HQ in Irving TX outside of Dallas
Function: Finance & Accounting
Reports to: Vp and Treasurer
Direct reports: five
The Assistant Treasurer, Capital Markets provides leadership and stewardship to drive and elevate Kimberly-Clark’s capital structure, financial risk, and funding decisions that best utilize financial resources for long-term growth.
The capital markets team is directly responsible for capital markets decisions, financial risk management including interest rates, currency, and commodity exposures, debt profile and liquidity optimization, working capital financing, and trade and structuring execution. The team also provides strategic oversight of global pension plans, including the outsourced administration of the US Plan.
This position is considered a building block for succession to the Treasurer or other key Finance leadership roles. The incumbent will demonstrate key K-C values/behaviors, and be accountable in inspiring and developing talent. The incumbent will also create actionable financing plans that are aligned with enterprise strategies, build sustainable change, and provide valuable advice to senior leadership and internal and external customers.
Strong collaboration with cash management, international treasury, tax, accounting, legal, FP&A, and procurement team leaders. Direct responsibility for external relationships including global banks, pension OCIO, and credit rating agencies.
- Advise and execute key capital markets activities
o Capital structure decisions including credit rating analytics, debt profile, cost of capital, covenants, financial flexibility, repatriation planning, dividend/share repurchase policies, and benchmarking
o Forecasts of cash flow, scenarios, and metrics that drive domestic and international funding requirements, liquidity management, shareholder return strategies, and financial risk mitigation
o Determine execution strategies to fund the company including revolver credit facility, public debt issuance, pension contribution and de-risking strategies, and working capital financing
o Monitor and report on financial risk exposures and market activities and develop plans to manage or hedge key risks. Primary accountability for global derivatives and currency trading strategies including counterparty management, trading, reporting, and value-at-risk used to manage currency, interest rate, and commodity risks. Partner with In-House Bank services to execute centralization of global trading
o Assist with M&A and structuring transactions
- Inspire and accelerate cultural enablement and engagement with strong coaching, team development plans, recognition, feedback, storytelling, compliance and ethics, and smart-risk taking
o Create 3-year vision to drive strategy and continuous improvement that aligns with other organizational objectives
o Take focused action to strengthen global talent depth, development, and diversity
o Develop and maintain customer relationships with appropriate senior leaders and business team leaders and financial institutions
- Elevate sustainable change that drives continuous improvement and full potential planning initiatives
o Leverage cross-functional centers of excellence in controllership, planning, tax, legal, shared services, and financial partners to elevate information and insights for action
o Manage education and compliance with financial policy, metrics, and regulations
o Responsible for the communication and implementation of all policies and procedures established by the company for investments, hedging, working capital financing, pension, and related accounting, tax, and legal requirements
o Drive strategic improvements and best practices globally
Interested? Sending your resume can jump-start our process to – Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com. Ever wonder what it’s like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC .
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Accomplished in understanding of capital markets, complex transactions and analytics, FX trading, risk management, pension, accounting, legal, and tax.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of global treasury or corporate finance experience, including supervisory experience. CFA, CPA, or MBA experience preferred.
- Cultural fit within K-C values of authentic, accountable, innovative, and caring
- Track record as a talent builder with excellent leadership capability, with ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Exceptional communicator, negotiator and influencer, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills in financial analysis with modeling expertise
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable organizational change in a matrixed, global environment
- Demonstrated ease with systems, process and data management
- Demonstrated skill in business case development, with benchmarking internally and externally
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to manage and adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Decisive yet collaborative and inclusive
- Seeks to identify innovative solutions while also driving measurable continuous improvement
- Potential to grow to a senior leadership position
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.