Title: Assoc. Director Global Product Safety
Job #160000S3, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay (live here – https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc)
Function: Global Product Safety/ Supply Chain
Reports to: Senior Director Global Product Safety
Direct reports: 12 globally
Scope: global across several Business Units
Global Product Safety (GPS) is currently recruiting for an Associate Director role in the Neenah, Wisconsin location. The incumbent will be responsible for the management, professional development and technical leadership of multiple global toxicology and risk assessment professionals supporting Kimberly-Clark’s global Personal Care; Adult Feminine Care, Baby Child Care and Family Care business sectors. These businesses provide a wide array of innovative solutions and essential branded products manufactured and/or distributed by Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KCC).
In addition to management, corporate strategy and business support responsibilities, the incumbent will be personally responsible for delivering expert hazard identification, exposure characterization, safety assessment and product safety testing guidance to project teams and senior management. This detailed work will enable new product development, mergers and acquisitions, meet post-market surveillance requirements and promote product stewardship in support of all of KCCs business sectors.
The incumbent will also lead and contribute significantly in efforts to plan, design, develop and execute projects in support of medical device, drug, cosmetic and consumer product safety, quality and effectiveness. He/she will assist the GPS Sr. Director as part of the departmental leadership team to develop and implement strategies and assess group performance to meet technical and business plan requirements across the Enterprise.
- The incumbent will be the lead departmental contact for internal business customers including those listed above as well as support of KC International and KC Professional sectors.
- Individual must effectively provide team leadership, collaboration within multi-functional teams, and communicate toxicology, biocompatibility and safety information, technical position papers and human health risk assessments to internal and external technical experts as well as program and business sector leaders.
- He/she will also represent GPS on multi-functional product development teams and serve as primary lead for assigned projects that may include representing KCC in trade association groups or other external bodies in support of the Company.
- The incumbent will manage the design, monitoring and interpretation of in vitro / in vivo toxicology or clinical safety studies conducted under current Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) or Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
- Using published literature sources, supplier information and/or generated data, the incumbent will author, document and communicate human health safety (risk) assessments taking into consideration identified hazard and patient or user exposure according to intended product use or foreseeable misuse.
- He/she will also participate in the life-cycle management of KCC products through the review of post-marketing surveillance data and other information as gathered by or disclosed to the Company. This may result in the incumbent developing responses to safety-related internal or external customer inquiries and the development of safety-related statements, policies or other documentation for internal or external distribution.
- The incumbent will manage self and team in accordance with expected KCC leadership behaviors and with a focus on building talent by enhancing their and team member’s technical, professional, leadership and communication skills through continuing education and professional development courses, attendance and participation in scientific conferences and meetings, publication of appropriate work in peer-reviewed journals and other aspects of technical and leadership development.
- He/she will also participate on cross-departmental teams to contribute to the development or revision of departmental policies and procedures.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Degree in toxicology, biomedical or related field of relevant product safety experience in the design, development, regulatory clearance/approval and maintenance of medical device, drug, or cosmetic products in global markets; Bachelor’s degree with 10-15+ years of experience, or Master’s degree with 8-12+ years of relevant experience, or Ph.D. with 5-10+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and/or multi-national teams in a matrix, cross-functional or direct reporting relationship.
- Experience in direct management of staff.
- Certification by the American Board of Toxicology (DABT) or other equivalent scientific or medical professional certification.
- Proficient knowledge in regulatory science and national/international quality management system requirements (e.g., ISO, USFDA) associated with the development, commercialization and manufacture of medical device products in global markets.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, both nationally and internationally.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.