Title: Product Supply Sr. Director, Global Manufacturing – Industrial Segment and External
Job #150002X7 , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA just north of Atlanta
Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Reports to: VP Global Product Supply
Product Line: KCP product lines – 5 mills
Kimberly-Clark Professional (KCP) partners with our B2B customers to create Exceptional Workplaces; safer, healthier, and more productive. KCP manufacturers and markets products and solutions primarily focused on the Office Building, Food Processing, Health Care, Aerospace, and Scientific segments of global Away from Home markets. Major product categories include Industrial Wipers, Health and Wellness products (Hand Towels, Bathroom Tissue, and Skin Care), Safety, and Home Professional products. Our employees are changing the work place for the better with innovative products that create new categories, and push existing ones to a higher level.
This global Director role has accountability for the product supply and supply chain strategies which support the Industrial and Scientific segments of the global KCP businesses. The position provides strategic Product Supply and Supply Chain support for designated product platforms including; Wipers, Safety, Welding, Gloves and Apparel products.
Consistent with, and in addition to, these global product platform accountabilities, this position also has accountability for the global External Contract Manufacturing (ECM) operations which support the KCP businesses. The ECM team, which reports to this Director role, manages a network of over 150 global suppliers, with $300mm of annual spend. The ECM team works closely with the global Procurement, Quality / Regulatory, Product Development, and Safety / scientific global business teams to manage and optimize long and complex global supply chains from a diverse set of external suppliers. Accountabilities in this area include both the management of ongoing supply chain operations, as well as the development and delivery of central “center of excellence” capabilities and systems.
This Sr. Director is responsible to support the segment Product Supply / Supply Chain needs of each of the Regional Business teams (4), the global Scientific, and global Segment Innovation teams. Focus is on the K-C Professional business with specific emphasis on providing liaison between business units and manufacturing organizations in the execution of programs and projects to achieve Sector strategies and financial growth.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS/CUSTOMERS EXPECTATIONS:
Customers: Regional Business units, global Scientific Business team, Sector Innovation teams, and Product Supply staff. Effective collaboration with the sector/ enterprise Procurement, QAL, and Risk Management teams is essential to success.
- Ensure Sector’s external manufacturing units meet objectives in safety, cost, quality, productivity, asset management, customer service, housekeeping, and human resource development.
- Provide leadership for major Sector projects specific to the global Industrial segment business strategies.
- Provide leadership in building effective partnership relationships between business units, Procurement. QAL/ Regulatory, Product Development and other sectors.
- Manage sector capital and capacity and make sure each are tied to the 5 year business plan.
- Strengthen global product supply, supply chain, and External Manufacturing capability.
- Drive End-to End capability and optimization across global Product Platforms with the business teams.
This position reports to the Vice President, KCP Global Product Supply. The incumbent provides coordination and leadership between the business teams and applicable internal / external manufacturing facilities. Position leads major projects requiring multi-sector coordination. He/she coordinates major Sector budgets. The incumbent provides leadership and facilitation on a wide array of operations and supply chain issues, bringing significant depth and breadth of experience, both internal and external, to Kimberly-Clark.
The main challenge of this position is to provide leadership and strategic thinking to the Sector manufacturing facilities and business units and/or lead major Sector manufacturing projects to ensure that business objectives are achieved. The incumbent is responsible for development and implementation of the manufacturing plan to support the Sector’s Industrial Segment business plan.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Knowledge and skills are typically developed through completion of a bachelor’s degree, followed by significant Product Supply / Supply Chain leadership experience. Typically 15 to 20 years of related work experience would be anticipated.
- Cross functional experience between Product Supply / Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain / Logistics management, and /or Quality / Regulatory / Procurement functional leadership is highly valued.
- The incumbent must be able to provide strategic leadership to the Sector’s internal / external manufacturing units and provide staff leadership on multi-sector operational issues.
- He/she has substantial in-depth knowledge of the Sector’s operating units, a thorough understanding of the Sector’s business, a broad general knowledge of other business units serviced by the Sector, and extensive knowledge of internal/external operations management.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.