Title: Senior Director, Tax Consulting
Job # 160000Z7, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI campus (live here: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc)
Function: Corporate Tax
Reports to: VP Tax
Lead a team to drive the Effective Tax Rate and Repatriation objectives of the Company and to provide a full range of North American tax planning and tax consulting services in areas such as benefits, acquisitions and dispositions, tax-efficient financings, transfer pricing, tax credits and incentives, tax controversy management, global restructurings, and repatriation planning. Lead the development, modeling and execution of the Company’s U.S. and Canadian tax advocacy strategy.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Lead a team to develop and implement K-C’s near and long-term global tax planning and cash repatriation strategies, including idea conception and generation, to secure a competitive effective tax rate. Perform sustainable tax planning, including assessing risks, benefits, and end of life options for all material transactions.
- Provide consulting services to business and finance leaders (treasury, legal, finance, human resources, etc.) as well as other tax COE‘s on tax aspects of business matters. Recognize potential tax issues in complex business matters and develop creative tax solutions without creating undue risk.
- Cultivate long-term partnerships with other Tax COEs and Finance, Legal, Treasury, Accounting and Business Unit personnel.
- Lead tax planning function for US and Canada, including the development of a rolling 3 year pipeline for annual cash repatriation, evaluation of credits and incentives and consultation on the tax effects of HR/Benefits matters.
- Manage outside advisors, including the selection of service providers for tax advice on transactional planning projects to assist in implementation of agreed strategies within budget allowances.
- Provide consultation to Treasury related to internal financial planning projects for foreign affiliates; oversee tax issues for external (debt and credit) financing; advise on tax implication of global tax cash management.
- Develop tax efficient merger, acquisition, integration, and disposition strategies.
- Ensure appropriate tax analysis, documentation, accounting, and reporting for transactions.
- Project management including project implementation checklists and project status timelines, to determine continued relevancy and effects of changed or proposed legislation.
- Provide risk mitigation regarding financial statements and audit matters.
Strategy Alignment and Business Partnerships
- Establish the vision, set strategic direction, and empower the Tax Consulting COE to meet its objectives.
- Align strategies and objectives and maintain strategic relationships with other Tax COEs, Treasury, Strategy, Legal, HR, Business and Finance Leaders, select advisors, and industry contacts.
- Attract, develop, and retain a strong team to meet current departmental needs and ensure effective succession planning to meet future needs.
- Ensure professional and technical development of the Tax Consulting COE members including the provision of timely coaching, candid feedback, and professional development opportunities.
- Seek and take advantage of individual professional development opportunities and strive to achieve the highest degree of competency
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 15 years of experience covering tax planning, accounting, tax defense and business advice with a large multinational corporation, or public accounting firm.
- Experience leading a team.
- JD, CPA certificate, or international equivalent required.
- LLM or MST an asset.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law