Title: Global Supply Chain Finance Leader (Director level)
Job #755855, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA
Reports to: Vp Finance
- POSITION SUMMARY
The Kimberly-Clark Global Supply Chain function leads the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide strategy and set of initiatives to optimize our global supply chain. Driving productivity in $12B of spend in this area is a key element of our long-term profitability model. The team is a key catalyst in driving business unit cost transformation agendas in the supply chain area.
The main purpose of this role is to:
• Be a key financial partner and strategic advisor to the Chief Supply Chain Officer (a GSLT level role) and her broader Global Supply Chain team
• Provide sound financial leadership, processes, and reporting to effectively manage K-C Global Supply Chain.
• Contribute to identifying strategic global supply chain opportunities through advanced financial and operational analysis
• Work with the Global Supply Chain team and regional teams to develop recommendations for end-to-end supply chain actions to drive savings and effectiveness
• Develop change initiatives that will improve productivity, maximize ROIC, and support Kimberly-Clark’s enterprise-wide growth and transformational vision
• Drive implementation of key programs and initiatives globally
• Be a source of business knowledge and problem-solving capabilities to assure sound analyses, recommendations, and actionable programs arise across a wide range of business opportunities.
• As a member of the Global Supply Chain Leadership team, jointly own and drive the delivery of supply chain objectives and capability improvements
• Lead corporate wide Finance initiatives related to Supply Chain areas such as cost, inventory and capital. At times will influence and lead the business unit CFOs and their teams in these initiatives.
Supply Chain Finance Leadership. The leader will be a critical member of the Global Supply Chain Leadership Team with specific responsibility to be a key source of financial expertise and counsel. Key customers include the Chief Supply Chain Officer, the VP of Global Safety, Quality, Sustainability, and CI, the Chief Procurement Officer, the Sr. Director of Transportation, Director, KCI End to End Supply Chain, regional supply chain leaders, and their deputies.
- Lead global supply chain business planning / FP&A, budgeting, business case development, and financial competency building. Apply financial concepts in an end-to-end business context covering manufacturing capacity planning and asset utilization; capital planning, investment and ROI across our entire mill network; S&OP; procurement; logistics and transportation; demand patterns and key drivers.
- Establish an effective finance / business analysis support infrastructure for the Global Supply Chain organization including direct support and processes to interact with and leverage local and regional resources.
- Work with the GSC leadership team to coordinate and develop capital investment proposals that support timely and profitable business decisions – this role, along with the Global Manufacturing VP will act as global capital process owners.
- Establish and operate financial processes that provide timely, accurate and meaningful data to effectively manage the Global Supply Chain and continually improve ROI. Provide ongoing budget and spending control oversight to the GSC team.
- Ensure application of efficient financial and operating controls supporting K-C’s requirements for an effective control environment.
- Have shared responsibility for talent development and succession planning within K-C’s Finance community.
Supply Chain Strategy and Analytics. The selected financial/strategic leader will partner and closely collaborate with the Chief Supply Chain Officer and her deputies in the development of the global supply chain strategy and agenda. Additionally, s/he will:
- Drive programs to influence the organization to make adjustments to existing strategies based upon new insights and learning that lead to higher impact/ROI
- Partner with CSCO to identify and prioritize potential business opportunities and evaluate potential investments/strategic partnerships by providing leadership and analysis of discrete business projects or initiatives
- Collaborate with the GSC organization to lead high-impact enterprise-oriented change by actively participating in building and executing supply chain capabilities, business strategies, objectives and plans.
Integrated Planning and Cross-Company Interactions. Work with business unit finance teams to implement end to end supply chain strategies and embed into BU plans – ensuring strategies/plans are correlated and integrated.
- Be critical catalyst in integrating and aligning global supply chain plans with financial BU plans across Kimberly-Clark – ensure GSC strategies result in actionable plans and get integrated into BU agendas.
- Drive process improvements designed to increase efficiency within the finance function and K-C as it pertains to optimizing our GSC spend.
Personal Impact and Communications. Add personal insight, galvanize discussion and debate across the organization on key strategic supply chain issues, generating ideas and creative frameworks.
- Use a combination of financial acumen, insights, and personal impact to build credibility and influence financial outcomes.
- Work jointly with the CSCO and her deputies in making presentations to senior management, the Board of Directors, and key external constituencies on strategic matters pertaining to global supply chain.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information.
K-C will support global relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The ideal candidate possesses the following key experiences:
- More than 15 years of experience, and greater than half in a multinational/global business, with several years of experience in a finance leadership position in a complex, progressive, global environment along with a strong track record of personal achievement and advancement.
- Minimum of 5 years in finance leadership role supporting a manufacturing, distribution, and / or supply chain operation – strongly preferred in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Must possess and demonstrate high degree of financial, analytical and process leadership competence.
- Strong strategic agility, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills – proven high learning agility
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced setting; enthusiastic about the potential strategic options facing Kimberly-Clark; well-grounded in pragmatic approaches to structuring options available
- Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success.
- Experience in driving change to deliver business results – knows what it takes to transform an organization
- Executive stature – is viewed as promotable to a senior finance leadership role
- Strong interpersonal skills along with exceptional influence and change management skills – ability and credibility to establish a strong network with other business unit Finance leads and business leaders
- Excellent presentation, communication/influencing skills, and overall business acumen
- Decisive, yet collaborative and inclusive.
- Experience & proven competency as influential member of senior leadership team.
- International experience and an “in-market” experience is preferred
- Multilingual; strong global cultural awareness
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.