Title: Procurement Consultant, Construction
Job #160000MH, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Sr. Manager
Scope: North America
At Kimberly-Clark we spend billions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our strategic sourcing team ensures that we engage with internal stakeholders to understand the business needs and develop effective category sourcing strategies that drive value, so that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The Machinery & Equipment Procurement Team is seeking a Procurement Consultant to provide sourcing expertise for Construction. Excellent project management, LEAN systems and relationship management skills are highly valued. We use innovative thinking and analysis to deliver results to the businesses we support.
The primary responsibilities for the role include defining K-C’s purchasing strategy for Construction spend to meet business/project needs; working with all five business units to define unique needs and encourage collaboration; and managing relationships with key suppliers and internal customers. A structured strategic sourcing process is used to manage the entire contract life cycle from Request for Proposal to supplier exit. This role is responsible for all Construction spend within North America. Successful candidates will have industry experience in how to manage general construction bids and contracts across multiple locations.
Utilizing this structured strategic sourcing process you will:
• Work with internal customers to develop sourcing strategies for specific purchases of categories which will best meet business needs at the lowest total cost of ownership.
• Identify, evaluate and select suppliers that meet the internal customer needs.
• Solicit, evaluate, negotiate and award contracts for specific purchases (technical, commercial and/or commercial aspects) as well as administer contracts as required.
• Analyze Supply Base, reduce Risk, and optimize the Total Cost.
• Lead or co-lead initiatives to eliminate waste and variability in the supply chain including planning, managing and implementing major projects in a repeatable process to realize results.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• 8 years or more years of work experience in an engineering, procurement, operations or similar role (including plant and/or corporate experiences).
• Experience managing general contractors and industrial construction projects is required
• Experience in leading by influence
• Travel 10%-20% of the time
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.