Title: Director of NA Procurement
Job # 756315, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI campus – live here! http://youtu.be/ljQ6240Klvc
Reports to: VP Procurement
- Summary of Position
Provide leadership and oversight of the North America Consumer Products procurement organization encompassing direct materials, indirect services and capital expenditures, the Procure-to-Pay process, the developmental coordination and implementation of North America purchasing system processes, policies and transactional processing, and sets direction for North America Mill procurement buyers
Actively participates as a ley leader on the Global Procurement Leadership Team to review, challenge and direct global procurement strategies and commodity negotiations to ensure maximum enterprise benefit.
Ensure procurement practices are in accordance with corporate ethics, Corporate Financial Instructions and internal control requirements and result in providing the requisite quality and safety while delivering an advantaged cost to competition.
Organization: People Responsibilities/reporting line/partnerships
- Reports to the Global Procurement Vice President
- Executes the sourcing and supply needs for direct, indirect materials and services, as well as capital expenditures, for a North America scope.
- Has co-ownership of the North America Procure-to-Pay Center of Excellence to ensure system efficiencies and benefits are realized.
- Has ownership for setting procurement direction for the mill buyer teams located on site at the 23 North America mill operating locations.
- Collaborates with the Global Procurement and Supply Chain organization as well as business leaders, Corporate Innovation, Product and Technology Development leaders, financial leaders, Global Sourcing teams, and a broad global vendor base.
- Has management responsibility for execution of approximately $6B in spend, 150 employees, and $18M in operating expenses.
- Manages communication between K-C suppliers and internal K-C customers.
- Align with business objectives and priorities by integrating team members and promoting a cross-functional, multi-discipline supply management team approach to materials and services management.
- Create, align and execute procurement strategies including breakthrough value creation opportunities with business objectives and priorities in partnership with the regional businesses and the associated functions and global organizations.
- Ensure daily execution of procurement operations is flawless for supply, quality, service, and value creation. Proactively manage risk and all necessary financial controls.
- Provide business unit direction, advice, and counsel on all issues related to the procurement of goods and services, bringing broad depth and breadth of experience to handle buying in support of complex and/or rapidly changing marketplaces.
- Responsible for Procurement’s cost transformation targets that apply to each business unit.
- Strong peer to peer relationships with the Global Procurement leadership team.
- Maximize cost savings, value creation, collaboration and innovation with key suppliers to improve K-C’s level of profitability
- Guarantee continuity of supply and deliver exceptional quality and service to the business
- Alignment with and execution of specific project and global supplier strategies on all major commodities to consistently meet specifications, avoid supply interruptions, provide flexibility, mitigate risks, minimize K-C internal resources to manage supply and provide cost and / or product advantages.
- Foster partnership relations with internal customers and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain expertise, and provide advice, counsel and services, as requested, on supplier selection and relationships, negotiating, price and availability forecasting, expediting, and other purchasing problems and situations to other purchasing units and internal business groups worldwide.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls within the department by providing operating management direction and support to the implementation and maintenance of financial policies, instructions, and internal control procedures.
- Lead the development, communication and implementation of Procurement objectives, operating philosophies, business strategies and organizational visions.
- Shape and sustain an effective, motivated team that delivers desired business results by providing vision and direction, building trust, selecting, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion. Compensation may vary by location.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Bachelors Degree in a business, supply chain, science, engineering or related discipline
- 10-15 years’ experience in increasingly broader procurement, supply chain or product supply roles with demonstrated track record of achievement and growth in leadership.
- Extensive and broad managerial experience in team management
- Close working relationships with business teams and business support functions in a large matrix organization
- Technical knowledge of contract negotiation strategies and global contracting nuances.
- Seasoned leadership and influencing skills
- Organization development and talent building
- Excellent communications and relationship building
- Demonstrated capabilities to execute strategic plans and thought leadership for the business and broader enterprise functions.
- Strong skills and experience with diagnosing and resolving complex issues and identifying transformational opportunities
- Able to make decisions with limited, but pertinent information to keep performance on track
- Able to manage with ambiguity and autonomy
- Experience within Procurement, Planning, Product Supply, and or business support team leadership roles
- Ability to travel domestically and globally up to 50%
- Advanced Degree (MBA or equivalent) preferred.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.