Title: Senior Director Global Business Services – Operations
Job # 758077, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA or Knoxville TN
Function: Global Business Services
Reports to: VP GBS
- Global Functional processes across four regions (NA, EMEA, LAO, Asia/Pacific), managing a team of over 900 people, delivering savings potentially in the 100’s of millions of dollars.
- Responsible for a $50M+ operating budget, with approximately 900 people under management. Both of these numbers are expected to grow as more work is migrated to GBS.
- Responsible for the Global Deliver Network for GBS. This includes 4 large internal centers located in US, Costa Rica, England, and Malaysia. It could also include the opening of new internal centers at locations to be determined.
- Responsible for Supplier Management of key 3rd party suppliers who are performing operational work.
- Will design, build, and maintain the location optimization strategy determining where work will be placed.
- Responsible for Operational SLAs, KPIs, and overall performance of Operations.
- Accountable for the effective transition of work across multiple functions and all regions of the world. This will be in the 100’s of FTEs worth of work in the next few years
- Functional areas served include Account to Report, Order to Cash, Rec to PO, PO to Pay, Internal Controls, with expansion opportunities in Hire to Retire, Legal Services, Sales, Marketing, and Tax Filings.
- Works with Global Process Owners to define SLAs, Process Standards, Operational specifics, and Performance Standards.
- Negotiates and owns very large supplier contracts serving Kimberly Clark globally.
- Will interact closely with Senior Leaders, participating in Governance Committees, SteerCos, and Top to Top supplier meetings.
- Global Functional Leaders
- GBS Board
- Operational Centers
- Regional Business Leaders
- Owns and is accountable for the Global Delivery Network made up currently of 4 large Delivery Centers, and Multiple Global Supplier Contracts.
- Manages a global team of over 900+, with the number expected to grow.
- Direct Reports will be made up of 4 center leaders, all Directors, and a Director of Global Supplier Management. The team is expected to grow as the delivery network expands with additional scope.
- Will be accountable for delivering and managing an operational model that will deliver savings in the 100’s of millions of dollars.
- Defines the operational strategies and effective operations programs to deliver on the business case.
- Constantly is measuring and benchmarking operational effectiveness always looking for improvements to operational activities.
- Will create, maintain, and constantly refresh the Global location strategy for the delivery network.
- Makes Insource versus Outsource decisions balancing the cost and performance levers to maximum effect.
- Interacts with Global leaders on performance to ensure Operations is delivering to the business expectation.
- Grooms and develops global talent, making GBS both a talent pipeline as well as a talent destination. Assess aspects of functional performance, cost, productivity, and process against market capabilities to identify improvement opportunities.
- Works with GPOs to define processes, standards, and operational models.
- Is actively involved in both community and government relations in locations where operations are based.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- A bachelor’s degree in a financial, accounting, or business management.
- Graduate degree desirable in a related field.
- Candidate should have at least 15 years’ senior-level experience in shared services leadership or consulting, as well as a thorough understanding of end-to-end process management.
- Experience in BPO is also a big plus.
- Advance certifications in Accounting, and/or Six Sigma and Project Management a plus.
- Experience with end to end process design required in functional areas. Candidate must have outstanding leadership and excellent management skills with demonstrated capability to large global teams.
- The candidate must be able to interact with all levels of leadership, and have the demonstrated capability to influence and drive consensus.
- Experience successfully collaborating and productively interacting with a wide variety of cultures including outsource providers is essential.
- Stakeholder management is a key aspect of the jobs, with the need for excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills is a must.
- A thorough understanding of K-C Global Shared Services organization, processes and systems preferred.
- Global travel will be required, and spending time in the Global Delivery network will be required
- This position will be responsible to report out to the most senior levels of the company so a strong executive presence is needed and required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.