Title: Asset Leader/Operations Manager
Job #761614, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Beech Island SC/ August GA
Reports to: Asset Lead for the site
Product Line: The Kimberly-Clark facility in Beech Island, SC, produces products that support the North Atlantic Consumer Products business. Products made at the site include Huggies, Cottonelle Bath Tissue, Kleenex Facial Tissues, Scott Towels, Cottonelle Moist Wipes, to name a few.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Provide leadership, coordination and technical direction in order to effectively manage business objectives for UCTAD Converting assets / lines (safety, quality, housekeeping, logistics, continuous improvement, productivity, cost, internal control, asset management, human resources and development). This position is responsible to understand and enforce the applicable site EHS procedures and requirements for their area.
Mill Management, Product System Leader, Converting Manager, Operating Team Associates, Maintenance, FC Sector / Staff, Engineering, and other functional team members, end users.
• Safely produce quality products and services.
- Effective leadership of converting teams.
- Build talent of teams.
- Proper representation of operating units in staff coordinated activities.
- Collaborative support in Product System and site management.
- Assets (materials, costs, procedures, inventories, equipment, and personnel) properly managed, maintained, and developed.
- Positive work environment maintained to promote safety, housekeeping, employee relations, and continuous improvement.
The incumbent reports to the BIL UCTAD Lines 5-8 Asset Leader. The incumbent provides leadership in achieving team objectives for converting assets and leads team / mill projects. This person develops business plans with up to a one-year planning horizon. Objectives typically are focused at the Asset level, but some are Product System and Mill-wide in nature.
Accountability will include the following:
- Developing and maintain a safe operating environment (i.e. EHS management)
- Enforce quality requirements and centerline systems
- Manage COM (i.e. operating supplies, maintenance, labor, gap closure savings, etc.)
- Providing day-to-day direction to the UCTAD converting asset team
- Development of team objectives
- Development and management of Continuous Improvement / Tactical Implementation Plan and Daily Accountability Process using LEAN and OPEX thinking / tools
- Providing constructive coaching to hourly team members
- Collaborating with staff Planning on the production schedule and re-sieves
- Deliver customer service
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with mill leadership
- Support mill initiatives on Safety, Quality, Reliability, S&O capability, and Culture of Accountability.
• Ability to manage vendor/supplier relationships in a positive cost effective manner.
- Ability to lead the development of Asset objectives and goals and action plans to achieve them.
- Ability to lead organizational change, builds relationships, and make good use of available resources.
- Ability to confront problems and handle conflict.
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities, generating new ideas and improved ways of working while maintaining effective control.
- Demonstrated capability associated with the One KC Behaviors.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Corporate policies and procedures
Product/raw material knowledge
Internal control procedures
Process control systems
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
• Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited College or University.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a high-speed industrial manufacturing environment.
• 5+ years’ experience in a high-speed industrial manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in a leadership/supervisory position preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with high speed converting processes and equipment in a plant support role
- Experienced with LEAN Manufacturing and problem solving
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role outside of country, this role is available for in-country relocation only.