Title: Director of Global Security for LAO
Job # 759702, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Dallas TX (HQ) or Roswell GA (north of Atlanta)
Function: General Services
Reports to: VP Global Security
Direct reports: eight with Manager titles in various locations with $12 million budget
Scope: eight regions in Latin America
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC !
- The Position and its Scope
- Lead an in-region team of security managers and professionals, developing and implementing security strategies, programs and projects, and managing a security budget of $12M with a focus on the specific needs of the Latin America region.
Reporting: The person serves as an essential resource and investigative partner for Legal. The direct reports for this position are eight (8) Security Managers assigned to each sub-region (Brazil, Austral, and Central America) and Security Managers in each country in the Andean sub-region (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela), twenty-nine (29) K-C security staff, and six hundred seventy-four (674) security officers (contracted). This position provides direction to the Security Managers in each sub-region and their direct reports to ensure alignment with Global Security guidelines and policies for the company.
Advisor: This position is also responsible for the alignment and career development of the extended security team. In particular, this position serves as an advisor to the President of LAO, and the region Vice President on all security and code of conduct matters.
Customers and Customer Expectations: Key customers including the President of Latin American Operations, the Managing Directors of Latin American sub-regions and countries, the sector and supply chain leads, mill/plant managers, and key leads in critical staff functions (Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Internal Control, Compliance). Additional customers include enterprise senior leaders, with particular emphasis on the Chief Counsel, the Chief Counsel for K-C International, and the Chief Compliance Officer. Indirect customers include U.S. and Latin America law enforcement representatives outside the enterprise. Specific areas of focus will be developed by the Director together with the Global Security team and key customers. Special customer focus areas include high-risk countries, personal security, supply chain security, crisis preparedness/management, investigations and support of our compliance programs, and travel security.
Align: business risk and mitigation strategies with the Latin American Operations President and his staff and other senior management personnel. Partner with other key departments including Legal, Finance/Internal Control, Supply Chain and Operations in matrix teams. Provide on-going communications with these leaders to keep them informed, and stay informed of business conditions and changes.
Lead: Develop and champion international security programs, procedures, specialized services, and expertise to help ensure that the enterprise’s personnel, assets, information and reputation are protected from injury, damage or other forms of loss.
Investigate: Serve as an investigator for security and compliance investigations. This role will:
- Conduct investigations of non-compliance involving serious legal risks (Anti-Corruption/FCPA, Anti-Trust, Conflicts of Interest & Privacy), complex matters or matters involving senior-level executives in close collaboration with other control groups (Legal, Global Security, HR, Internal Audit, Internal Control) to leverage cross-functional expertise and support as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective external partnerships and investigation resources (investigative firms, outside counsel, government agencies and industry).
- Collaborate with other functions to develop the necessary forensic capabilities (internal & external) for the collection, collation and processing of electronic data (Laptops & Smartphones), review of e-mails and assist in the analysis of other evidence.
- Communicate sanitized versions of lessons learned from significant investigations with enterprise impact in compliance training sessions and leadership forums.
Develop: strategic relationships with vendors in region to provide superior security, investigative and business support services, particularly in high risk countries.
Support: physical security assessments and evaluations of security programs and recommend changes in procedures, to include security equipment and assets to protect facilities. Oversee technical support for new facilities and facility upgrades.
Communicate: Develop and maintain relationships with counterparts in other multi-national and national enterprises, international security consultants, investigative and law enforcement resources so the enterprise has access to the most current information and benchmarking information.
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Master’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position and more than seven years experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public service or multi-national’s security
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position and more than ten years experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public or multi-national’s security department.
- Must have demonstrated experience and exposure in an international security setting, preferably Latin America.
- Excellent verbal and written communications are essential.
- A demonstrated verbal and written skill in Spanish is required.
- Certified Protection Professional and/or Certified Fraud Examiner certification
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels within an organization, particularly senior management.
- Work in a matrixed, highly collaborative environment
- Think critically and strategically align programs and projects to business objectives
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.